All of us are affected by the current situation – our staff, our clients, our suppliers, our families and friends. However, at SDA we are committed to doing everything we can to provide our normal service, despite the different circumstances. As such, we have the following measures in place:
- All our staff are working remotely from home, with our IT systems enabling access to each other and the information needed to carry out our work.
- All staff are contactable as normal by phone and email. Each member of staff has a direct dial number listed in their individual page accessed from our meet-the-team page, which has been diverted to their mobile. Our main phone number will also be answered by a member of the team but please call individuals directly if you know who you wish to speak to.
- We are making extensive use of video conferencing facilities, including Microsoft Teams and Zoom, to ensure that client and internal meetings can continue.
- In the event that individuals are unable to work, eg due to illness, our team working practices should enable us to continue the work as normal. If our resources were significantly compromised by a high proportion of staff being unable to work, we would need to consider prioritising urgent work. We would inform our clients if such a situation arose and was likely to affect delivery.
- We continue to process and receive electronic payments as normal and request electronic payment where possible to avoid payment delays.
- Our employees are our biggest asset. We recognise that, more than ever, many are juggling several roles. We are providing support in terms of even more flexible working, regular checks on welfare and additional support where needed. We are also ensuring that employees can continue to access training and professional development.
These are challenging times for many of our clients, whether due to reduced staff numbers, high levels of policyholder calls or claims, increased interest from regulators or market developments. We are here to support you.