Alison is a Senior Actuary in the firm.
She has over 25 years’ experience as a consultant in the UK life assurance industry.
She is a qualified actuary and holds practising certificates for With-Profits Actuary, Actuarial Function Holder/Reviewing Actuary and Chief Actuary (Life). She carries out Chief Actuary and With-Profits Actuary reserved roles for a number of clients.
Alison has experience in dealing with conventional and unitised with-profits, unit-linked, non-profit and PHI business on a wide range of projects for large and small life insurers. These have included:
- acting as reviewing actuary
- Solvency I and Solvency II valuations
- pricing new products under Solvency I and Solvency II
- developing model office systems
- experience investigations
- business planning projections
- advising on investment strategy
- asset shares and bonus recommendations
- Part VII transfers for insurers and transfers of engagement for friendly societies
She is a Senior Quality Assurance Representative for the firm, takes the lead in the firm’s responses to new professional guidance and is currently on the Quality Assurance Scheme Sub-Committee of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and ILAG’s Prudential Regulation Practitioner Group.
When not working or looking after her own children, Alison runs a toddler group and chairs a local pre-school.