Alison is a Senior Consultant Actuary and Client Manager in the firm.
She has over 20 years’ experience as a consultant in the UK life assurance industry.
She is a qualified actuary and holds practising certificates for With-Profits Actuary, Actuarial Function Holder/Reviewing Actuary and Chief Actuary (Life). She carries out reserved roles for a number of clients, including Chief Actuary, With-Profits Actuary and Actuarial Conduct Function Holder in a third country branch. Alison has spent much of the recent past helping clients prepare for Solvency II.
Alison has experience in dealing with conventional and unitised with-profits, unit-linked, non-profit and PHI business on a wide range of projects for large and small life insurers.
These have included:
- acting as reviewing actuary
- Solvency I and Solvency II valuations
- pricing new products under Solvency I and Solvency II
- developing model office systems
- experience investigations
- business planning projections
- asset shares and bonus recommendations
- Part VII transfers and transfers of engagement for friendly societies
She takes the lead in the firm’s responses to new professional guidance and is currently on the Actuaries’ Code Review Working Party of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
When not working or looking after her own children, Alison runs a toddler group and chairs a local pre-school.