Alison is a Senior Actuary in the firm.
She has over 25 years’ experience as a consultant in the UK life assurance industry.
She is a qualified actuary and holds practising certificates for With-Profits Actuary, Actuarial Function Holder/Reviewing Actuary and Chief Actuary (Life). She carries out Chief Actuary and With-Profits Actuary reserved roles for a number of clients.
Alison has experience in dealing with conventional and unitised with-profits, unit-linked, non-profit and PHI business on a wide range of projects for large and small life insurers. These have included:
- acting as reviewing actuary
- Solvency I and Solvency II valuations
- pricing new products under Solvency I and Solvency II
- developing model office systems
- experience investigations
- business planning projections
- advising on investment strategy
- asset shares and bonus recommendations
- Part VII transfers for insurers and transfers of engagement for friendly societies
She is a Senior Quality Assurance Representative for the firm, takes the lead in the firm’s responses to new professional guidance, chairs SDA’s Quality and Process Committee and is currently on the Quality Assurance Scheme Sub-Committee of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and ILAG’s Prudential Regulation Practitioner Group.
When not working or looking after her own children, Alison runs a toddler group and chairs a local pre-school.